Carteret County voters may choose to cast a ballot at any One-Stop voting site during the early voting period.
Early Voting Daily Counts
Coming soon! Click here to view One-Stop early voting information for the 2023 Municipal Primary Election.
Coming soon! Click here to see daily unofficial One-Stop early voting turnout.
Early Voting (also known in North Carolina as "no excuse one-stop absentee voting") provides an all-purpose solution for voters seeking to:
- Avoid potential delays on Election Day
- Vote on convenient days and during non-working hours
- "Same-day" register to vote
- Avoid any registration conflict that could trigger the necessity of a provisional ballot on Election Day
- Update their voter record if they have moved within the county since last voting
The no excuse one-stop absentee voting process allows registered voters to appear at the one-stop voting site and cast their ballots. They do not need a reason to vote this way. At one-stop voting only, a registered voter can vote regardless of their normal polling place.
An identification document is required when using Same-day voter registration during Early Voting. The acceptable documents that may be used include: a North Carolina driver license, a photo ID from a government agency, a copy of one of the following that shows the name and address of the voter: a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document.