- Departments A - H
- Health Department
- Health Education
The focus of Carteret County’s Health Education Program is to build a healthier community, promote healthful living, and reduce the risk of disease through policy and environmental changes, with an emphasis on better nutrition, increasing physical activity, and tobacco prevention.
Speakers are available free of charge to speak with your group or organization. Please contact us to make arrangements for a representative of the Health Department to speak with your group about health department services, personal health, or environmental health issues. Please allow ample notice so that we may accommodate your request.
Roles & Responsibilities of Health Educators
- Communicate accurate health information to the community through the media and other means
- Collect health data and conduct community health assessments
- Encourage and support partnerships in addressing health problems
- Serve as Health Department representative on local task forces and coalitions
Community activities and programs currently offered by the Parks and Recreation departments in this area:
- Carteret County Parks and Recreation
- Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation
- Morehead City Parks and Recreation
- Leon Mann Jr. Senior Center
Nutrition & Physical Activity Resources
- Eat Smart, Move More…NC
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Produce for Better Health Foundation
- Shape Up America
Kid-Friendly Website that Promotes Healthy Behavior
Smoking Cessation Classes
Contact AllWell at Carteret General Hospital - 252-808-6611 for information pertaining to smoking cessation.
Online Tobacco Cessation Support Programs
Free online and telephone smoking cessation support is available.
- NC Quit Now - Toll-free 800-QUIT-NOW
- Become An Ex™
Resources for Quitting Tobacco
An individual can call or come by the Health Department to request tobacco cessation information.