The Carteret County Comprehensive Transportation Plan (commonly known as CTP) is a long-range multimodal transportation plan that will assess Carteret County's existing and future transportation needs for roadways, bicycle, and pedestrian facilities, transit services, and rail. The study is a joint effort with Carteret County, Carteret County Municipalities, the North Carolina Department of Transportation-Transportation Planning Division (NCDOT TPD), and Down East Rural Planning Organization (DERPO). Below are general purposes of this plan:
- Identifies existing and future transportation needs and solutions.
- Identifies and prioritizes transportation projects.
- Provides a common framework and long-range vision for transportation facilities across Carteret County for local governments, regional planning organizations, and the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
Public Information have been scheduled to give the public an opportunity to share comments and ask questions. The comments and information received will be taken into consideration as work on the plan develops.
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023 (5:30 PM - 7 PM) - Western Park Community Center (275 Old NC-58, Cedar Point, NC 28584)
- Tuesday, February 28, 2023 (5:30 PM - 7 PM) - County Board of Elections Office (1702 Live Oak St., Beaufort, NC 28516)
- Tuesday, March 7, 2023 (5:30 PM - 7 PM) - Fort Benjamin Park (100 McQueen Ave., Newport, NC 28570)
Carteret County's most recent transportation plan was mutually adopted by the NC Board of Transportation on January 9, 2014.
Maps, survey results and additional information about the CTP can be found on the project website.