Applying for Permits

Permitted Establishments
Permits are required for new establishments and establishments that change ownership. To obtain a permit, establishments must be in compliance with the current state rules. The following establishments are required to be permitted through the local health department:
  • Athletic Concession Stands
  • Bed and Breakfast Homes / Inns
  • Commissaries
  • Elderly Nutrition Sites
  • Festival Concession Stands
  • Food or Drink Stands

  • Hot Dog Push Carts
  • Hotels and Motels
  • Mobile Food Units
  • Primitive Camps
  • Resident Camps
  • Restaurants
*If the proposed establishment is on a septic system, an existing onsite wastewater application is also required. It is advisable to get an existing septic system approved for the proposed use prior to starting the plan review process as not all existing systems can accommodate a change of use.